Sunday, December 13, 2009

Class Reflection

I have enjoyed our class this semester. The strategy demonstrations were my favorite part of the class. More classes throughout the college requirement sheet should do activities like this. I felt that it came to late in my college career. This assignment gave the class a lot of really good ideas to use in the classroom. Furthermore, I think it would be even better if the lessons/ideas were collected into one document and emailed to the class listserve.

Also, I enjoyed parts of the writing workshop. In the beginning, I was a little reserved about sharing any of my writing with the class; however, after reading the pieces from my peers, it wasn't as scary. The length of the assignment was daunting until I actually began to write. When I made the time, the words just seemed to flow out onto the page. The class discussion was the only aspect of this process that I didn't enjoy. I felt as though the track changes were enough for me. It might be good for some people, but I'm not the tell-people-what-I-think type. In my own class, I would allow class discussion on the pieces of writing, but it would not be part of the grade.

Finally, I really appreciated the time Dr. Kist devoted to answering student questions and listening to our comments or stories at the beginning of each class. This helped me feel more relaxed and less stressed out about the semester. I enjoyed hearing about my classmates' experiences and their own struggles.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Kist really did get back to us quickly! If we had a question, he wrote it on his notepad and either emailed us the answer or had it for next week! He really proved to be an effective Professor!

    ReplyDelete