Thursday, February 19, 2009

Classic Literature

I have a question for anyone who may come across my blog. If you had to choose modern literature to become a classic long after we are gone...what would it be? Will Twilight make it as a classic? We seem to love reality television, so will reality novels become classic...do those even exist? I think Stephen King will be a classic...can we use his novels to teach in high schools? I've never read one before. Well, I would love to hear what others think about modern literature becoming a classic.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting topic! I wonder about that too! I wouldn't be surprised if we end up teaching Twilight. It has become such a huge phenomenon among teenagers today. I also would not be surprised if we teach Harry Potter books as well. I already know of a local high school that teaches Harry Potter in their ninth grade English classes.

    I am not sure about Stephen king though. His books are pretty good, but they contain graphic violence, language, and sometimes sex. So I doubt if they would be allowed in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete